Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ravin Agrawal: 10 young Indian artists to watch

I watched this video on TED about contemporary Indian Artists. This video was pretty interesting because I never really looked at Indian Art much before and I find that I enjoy it. The first artist that was talked about made a bunch of multicolored circles in honor of the dots that women wear on their foreheads in their culture. She then applied them to the fiberglass sculptures that she creates.

There is another artist towards the end where the artist uses porcupine quills to apply metallic industrial paints to create these super detailed paintings. The picture to the left is an example of this artist's work. I've never seen anyone work with a porcupine quill and I wonder if that's something that could be ordered online... hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment